AMK-7 Senior Process Engineers
Contract: Full Time/Fixed Term
Purpose of Role
The purpose of this role is to be responsible for sustaining existing cleanroom processes or technologies and developing new processes/technologies to fit multi project requirements in the area of wafer processing and device fabrication to ISO9001/2015 standards.
The senior process engineer will be expected to create imaginative and cost effective solutions to critical fabrication process or engineering problems. The role requires an individual to be able to work independently, building on his/her own expertise while assuring the availability of a learning environment for less experienced engineers, researchers and process technicians.
A senior engineering role has overlap with some of the responsibilities of an experienced process engineer but with additional emphasis on the areas of external customer liaison, project management and acting as a delegate for line manager when required
- Acting as Fabrication liaison/ specific work on designated projects and providing reports as required
- Liaising with equipment maintenance group on all equipment issues related to assigned technology area(s)
- Information transfer to people involved in processing in assigned technology area(s)
- Coaching and mentoring of other process personnel when requested in areas of equipment use, quality control and problem solving.
- Documentation and control responsibility for all processes and procedures related to the area(s)
- Liaising with contractors and external consultants on process issues/new technology /equipment introduction
- Promote and support innovation in assigned technology area(s) to facilitate IP generation as appropriate
- Provide monthly and ad-hoc reports to group and/or centre head
- Acts as Manager designate when required
- Involvement with staff recruitment process
- Preparation and delivery of lecture and practical elements of fabrication related training courses as required
- Developing new processes within the assigned technology area(s)
- Promoting and implementing safe working practices within laboratory areas
- Carry out any additional duties as may reasonably be required within the general scope and level of the post.
- Developing/refining work practices/systems to ensure alignment with current best practice and to meet the needs of the department/centre/institute/university
- Work with process personnel from different fabrication groups within SP&S to promote cross lab learning and knowledge transfer
- Use of electronic work flow system to ensure efficiency and control of laboratory processes
Customers / Users
- Liaise with customers and translate customer requirements into practical fabrication processes and solutions
- Support the preparation of cost assessments/quotations for fabrication projects
- Responsibility for management of project / other deliverables for internal / external customers
- Develop training programmes for the users and researchers applying for cleanroom and equipment access as appropriate.
- Ensure all activities are compliant with the Tyndall Quality Management System with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Ensure all activities are compliant with the required Health and Safety standards
- Masters in one of the following disciplines: Electrical or Electronic Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Materials Science or Biomedical Devices.
- Minimum of 7 years Process engineering experience in a commercial or R&D wafer fabrication facility
- Experience of dealing with contractors/vendors/customers
- Track record in planning projects and liaising with all concerned
Appointment may be made on the Senior Technical Officer (scale B) €54,305 - €63868. Salary placement on appointment will be in accordance with public sector pay policy.
Step 1- click here to download and complete the Application form. Indicate the Job Reference as AMK-7.
Step 2 - return completed Application form, together with your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Handwritten forms will not be accepted.
Please note that Garda vetting and/or an international police clearance check may form part of the selection process.
The University, at its discretion, may undertake to make an additional appointment(s) from this competition following the conclusion of the process.
At this time, Tyndall National Institute does not require the assistance of recruitment agencies.
Tyndall National Institute at University College, Cork is an Equal Opportunities Employer.