AMK-8 Semiconductor Training Fab Process Engineer
Contract: Full Time/Fixed Term
Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Head of Group the Training Fab Process Engineer will be the coordinator of the Tyndall Compound Semiconductor Fabrication Courses that are run in the training lab.
- The preparation for and delivery of Semiconductor Materials science and Device Fabrication Technology lectures
- Demonstration of tool operation and processing techniques in the Training laboratory at Tyndall
- Development of a range of courses to suit different client groups, ranging from ½ day course for an overview presentation of lab techniques, to 1 week course for post graduate students
- Work with Business Development team to develop a Continuing Professional Development Course, CPD, for external academic and industrial clients
- Where appropriate course work is corrected and marks awarded are posted to the relevant department / students records office in UCC/Tyndall
- All administration associated with the Training course and preparation of costs and invoices associated with the various teaching modules.
- Development of appropriate documentation (e.g. manuals) for each of the fabrication sub processes
- Promotion of the Training facility and to be proactive in this role
- Respond to user access and training requests in a timely and professional manner
- Induction of all lab users and management of access records
- Review or proposed process activities within the training fab
- Implementation and monitoring of safe working practices within laboratory areas
- Ensures that performance status information on equipment/process is available through the accurate recording of all information on electronic work flow systems and other documentation as appropriate
- Provide written and verbal reports as required
- When required and as training fab schedules allow carry out process engineering duties in other fabrication laboratories
- Carry out any additional duties as may reasonably be required within the general scope and level of the post
- Ensure all activities are compliant with the Tyndall Quality Management System
- Ensure all activities are compliant with the required Health and Safety standards including generation and review of Risk Assessments (RAs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and training records
- Degree in a science or engineering discipline
- Typically 5+ years of experience working as a process engineer in a semiconductor fabrication facility
- Experience in delivery of technical training programmes /lectures/tutorials for semiconductor device fabrication
- Experience of delivery of hands on process/tool training
- MSc in ICT related discipline
- Track record in preparation of content for semiconductor fabrication training courses
Appointment may be made on the Technical Officer (scale B) €40,245- €55,597. Salary placement will be in accordance with Public Sector Pay Policy.
Closing Date for Applications is 5pm, Friday 21st February, 2020.
Step 1- Click here to download and complete the Application form and indicate Job Reference AMK-08
Step 2- Return completed Application form, together with your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. Handwritten forms will not be accepted.
Please note that Garda vetting and/or an international police clearance check may form part of the selection process.
The University, at its discretion, may undertake to make an additional appointment(s) from this competition following the conclusion of the process.
Please note that an appointment to posts advertised will be dependent on University approval, together with the terms of the employment control framework for the higher education sector.
At this time, Tyndall National Institute does not require the assistance of recruitment agencies.
Tyndall National Institute at University College, Cork is an Equal Opportunities Employer.