AOT – 1 Accounts Assistant – EU Contracts Administrator
Contract: Full Time/Fixed Term
Tyndall National Institute at University College, Cork invites applications for an Accounts Assistant – EU Contracts Administrator.
This administrator is a key member of the finance team and is principally responsible for:
- The preparation of project financial reports for submission to the EU,
- Preparation, arrangement and co-ordination of all project audits by external auditors or the EU and achieving clean audit.
- Production and delivery of timely and accurate information to management and researchers.
- Maintenance and development of good relationships with researchers and the EU.
- Co-ordination of costing for EU proposals.
- To act as an "Expert Partner" between the Finance Office and Research Account holders.
Research Proposal Support:
- To provide comprehensive support and advice to research staff and management on all aspects of EU programmes financial and administration procedures, calls and systems, including project setup and registration.
- To assist and advise Tyndall researchers on costings at proposal stage, completing budget templates and optimising resource allocation within defined budget limits.
- To prepare budgets with project managers and communicate budget templates to programme partners where Tyndall is coordinating, critically reviewing and responding to partner finance submissions, consolidating consortium budget and uploading to EU portal.
- To ensure ISO compliance with the proposal pre-submission process including review, sign off and recording of both pre-submission and post evaluation data.
- To assist with budget reallocations and EU queries following proposal review process, communicating with both EU and external partners to address and reply to queries within tight deadlines.
Research Contract Support:
- To efficiently manage post award administration including Grant Preparation Form submissions, contract sign-off process and related project code set-up.
- To co-ordinate sign off process of Contract Management Information records containing critical bank details and partner finance contacts.
- To deliver presentations on financial and administrative project management to consortium partners at project kick-off meetings where Tyndall is the project co-ordinator.
- To identify, interpret and implement changes to both operations and procedures to deal with various new Programmes and complex reporting requirements of the EU (e.g Marie Curie/SME programmes etc.)
- To co-ordinate the financial elements of those projects where Tyndall acts as both a partner and co-ordinator of project. Dealing with queries as they arise to ensure preparation and submission of financial reports, including consolidated financial reports, within tight deadlines.
- To liaise with and address queries from EU projects officers and to act as the interface between the EU Project Officers and the participating organisations.
- To report on the project finances at EU project review meetings where Tyndall is the project co-ordinator.
- To ensure strict adherence to all EU Grant terms and conditions including timely communication of all changes and supporting Principal Investigators, Centre Managers and staff with all financial queries as required.
- To complete administrative aspects of each contract, including monthly variance monitoring and detailed work package expenditure analysis for both co-ordination and partner projects.
- To record all project income flows for research projects, ensuring payments are received on time, monitoring and pursuing EU project debtors and resolving payment queries.
- To monitor all research project balances, completing timely end of project reconciliation and close out.
- To ensure that project extension requests or contract amendments are proactively identified, prepared in collaboration with project managers/partners and submitted in a timely manner including the negotiation of budget reallocations with partners.
- To prepare for, arrange and co-ordinate all project audits by external auditors or the European Commission, and liaise with auditor staff on the ground.
- To carry out any additional duties as may reasonably be required within the general scope and level of the post.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a comparable role and ideally in a finance function.
- Knowledge of funded research programmes with experience of related financial guidelines, reporting and audit requirements.
- Experience with financial reporting applications (eg Unit 4 Agresso)
- Experience with budget preparation, costings and contract co-ordination
- Demonstrate excellent IT skills, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Relevant Educational Qualification
- Demonstrate ability to work under pressure, on own initiative and to multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills as the role requires the post holder to have widespread interaction and create relationships with senior personnel both inside and outside Tyndall.
- Confidentiality and discretion is an integral part of the job.
- Professional, motivated, a good communicator and flexible in approach to work.
- Proven ability to work independently, as part of a team, and to interact with stakeholders from a range of disciplines.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
Appointment may be made on the Grade 5, Scale B (€41,675 - €51,357). In all instances the successful appointment will be at the first point of the scale.
Closing date for applications for this position is 22nd January 2019 at 5pm.
Step 1- click here to download and complete the Application form and indicate AOT-1 as the Job Reference.
Step 2 - return completed application form, together with your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. Handwritten forms will not be accepted.
A full candidate information pack is available to download by clicking here.
Please note that Garda vetting and/or an international police clearance check may form part of the selection process.
The University, at its discretion, may undertake to make an additional appointment(s) from this competition following the conclusion of the process.
Please note that an appointment to posts advertised will be dependent on University approval, together with the terms of the employment control framework for the higher education sector.
At this time, Tyndall National Institute does not require the assistance of recruitment agencies.
Tyndall National Institute at University College, Cork is an Equal Opportunities Employer.