DK- 7 Facilities Engineer
Contract: Full Time/Fixed Term
Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Facilities Engineer will support the optimal functioning of all Soft and Hard Facilities Services in Tyndall.
The Facilities Engineer will be the system owner of the Preventative Maintenance Programme and will be responsible for all aspects of contractor management including managing contractors’ health and safety compliance while working on site, advising and implementing the relevant in house safety rules and health and safety legislation.
The role requires a significant degree of practical hands on experience and detailed technical knowledge combined with a strong commitment to Health & Safety in the workplace.
- Manage the implementation of a CMMS based Preventative Maintenance programme for all Facilities Assets.
- Manage the drafting of technical specifications for inclusion in specialist maintenance contracts including the development of SLAs and KPIs.
- Manage regulatory compliance of plant and equipment including insurance inspections.
- Maintain existing and develop new systems & protocols to ensure all specialist contractor’s H&S requirements are in place before commencing work on site.
- Support the on-going conservation and improvement of the HVAC, mechanical, electrical and life safety systems.
- Support the Energy Management System and reporting in line with ISO50001.
- Liaise with the building end-users, interpret and support their needs and objectives.
- Be fully aware of current trends in professional Facilities Management and all relevant statutory legislation that affects the role.
- Manage minor works projects as required including Design, Construction, Health & Safety, Financial, Procurement, and Project Management.
- Liaise with the UCC Capital Projects Office, its architects and engineers through planning and design, and supervision of major construction work.
- Provide out of hours, On-Call cover for Facilities related equipment on a rotational basis.
- Level 7 degree in Mechanical/Building Services/Electrical Engineering or Occupational Health & Safety.
- Typically 7+ year’s relevant FM experience.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of preventative maintenance planning, asset criticality plans and work management processes utilising CMMS/CAFM software.
- Detailed knowledge and practical experience of implementing relevant Health & Safety legislation in relation to contractors, construction and maintenance work.
- Detailed knowledge and practical hands on experience of HVAC Systems, Boilers, Chillers, MV & LV Switchgear, BMS & Life Safety Systems as well as Building Fabric Maintenance.
- FM experience in a GMP environment.
- ATEX & Hazardous waste management experience
- Experience of working with cleanroom HVAC e.g. Close temperature & RH control, pressure cascade control.
- Familiarity with Online Contractor Managements/Safety software
Appointment may be made on the Grade 6 scale Admin (B) €51,042 – €60,941 per annum. Salary placement on appointment will be in accordance with public sector pay policy.
Informal enquiries can be made in confidence to Facilities Manager, Derry Kelleher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date of application is 19th March, 2021.
Step 1 - Click here to download and complete the application form and indicate Job Reference DK-7.
Step 2 - Return the completed application form, together with your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Handwritten forms will not be accepted.
A full candidate information pack is available to download by clicking here.
Please note that Garda vetting and/or an international police clearance check may form part of the selection process.
The University, at its discretion, may undertake to make an additional appointment(s) from this competition following the conclusion of the process.
At this time, Tyndall National Institute does not require the assistance of recruitment agencies.
Tyndall National Institute at University College, Cork is an Equal Opportunities Employer.