FN-4c Maintenance Engineer (Technical Officer)
Contract Type – Full Time/Fixed Term
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will possess knowledge of Equipment installation, de-commissioning, fault finding and repair. You will troubleshoot, diagnose and affect the repair of complex equipment. You will have additional responsibility for specific tasks that support the group in carrying out its function and will work both within the team and on their own initiative.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair semiconductor process equipment to the highest safety and technical standards
- Drive the escalation plan for equipment that is down for a protracted period
- Proactively ensure that process/equipment are performing to specification by completion of non-routine and routine tasks in a timely manner through fast response and priority setting
- Plan and manage the Installation and De-commission of Semiconductor Process Equipment, assembling inputs from manufacturers and contractors, in conjunction with Process/Research teams.
- Set and monitor key maintenance indicators with a focus on continuous improvement and with emphasis on implementing preventive actions
- High level of safety awareness and adherence to prescribed safety/quality rules and regulations as well as other environmental policies and procedures such as clean room practices
- Work in a diverse team environment whilst multitasking
- Produce results in a timely manner
- Self-starter approach whilst managing own activities as well as supporting team activities
- Identify, procure and maintain the optimal stock of spares and consumables, including specialist/obsolete components and equipment upgrades
- Undertake equipment selection as part of a team and help develop datasheets for each item of equipment to be purchased
- Commitment to continuous professional development through relevant on/off-site training
- Ensure all activities are compliant with the Tyndall Quality Management System and adhere strictly to Health and Safety requirements including updating and implementing maintenance procedures
- Duties are often performed in confined areas in a clean room environment, in awkward positions and/or in high places.
- Participate in Education and Public Engagement activities, as required;
- Carry out any additional duties as may reasonably be required within the general scope and level of the post.
- Typically, 3 years’ experience preferably as a semiconductor equipment maintenance engineer / equipment engineer / field service engineer or similar.
- Hold a relevant degree (Electronics, Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechatronics)
- Experience in working in a customer facing role
- Experience of working with vendors, contractors, external consultants.
- Excellent communication skills
- Direct technical knowledge of some or all of the following tools, Vacuum systems, Silicon/Metal etch, PECVD, PVD, Lithography tools, or similarly complex electro mechanical equipment is a distinct advantage
- Electrical Diagnostic skills with the ability to read and interpret circuit diagrams would be beneficial.
- Experience of Semiconductor Device processing would be an advantage
- The desire to take personal ownership of Equipment issues and projects is important
- The Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- A strong mechanical skillset is valued
- Proficient computer skills
Informal enquiries can be made in confidence to the Equipment Maintenance Manager, Mr Feargal Nolan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position may be appointed on the Technical Officer (scale B) €41,049 - €56,709. Placement on scale will be in accordance with public sector pay policy.
Closing date of applications is 9th August, 2021.
Step 1 - Click here to download and complete the application form and indicate Job Reference FN-4c
Step 2 - Return completed application form, together with your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. Handwritten forms will not be accepted.
The University, at its discretion, may undertake to make an additional appointment(s) from this competition following the conclusion of the process.
Please note that Garda vetting and/or an international police clearance check may form part of the selection process.
At this time, Tyndall National Institute does not require the assistance of recruitment agencies.
Tyndall National Institute at University College, Cork is an Equal Opportunities Employer.