FP-48 Senior Researcher –development for advanced photonic integrated circuits
Contract: Full Time/Fixed Term
The integrated photonics group in Tyndall National Institute at University College Cork invites applications for a senior post-doctoral researcher position aimed at leading and developing ultra-fast photonic devices for advanced integrated photonic circuits, which will be used for the next generation of communication networks. The successful candidate will have completed a Ph.D. degree in a physics related discipline. This position is primarily concerned with developing faster modulators and EMLs to enable monolithic integration of high-speed photonic circuits based on a single epitaxial growth. This position will work with and lead with other researchers in the IPG group on the design, fabricating and testing of the devices and integrated circuits, for academic and industrial projects.
- To conduct and lead a specified programme of research under the supervision and direction of the Principal Investigator.
- To secure competitive research funding for research proposals
- To assume a role in the design as well as the execution of research, contributing significantly to the development of research proposals and funding successes.
- To support the Principal Investigator and research group in the design and development of a research programme.
- To engage in the dissemination of the results of the research, as directed by and with the support of and under the supervision of the Principal Investigator.
- To engage in the wider research activities of the Research Group, School or College.
- To interact closely with postgraduate research students who are studying for a Masters or a PhD and have an agreed role in supporting these students in their day to day research in conjunction with the supervisor or supervision team.
- To conduct administrative and management work associated with the research project.
- To engage in costing research grant proposals and take on financial management of projects.
- Participate in Education and Public Engagement activities, as required.
- Ensure all activities are compliant with the Tyndall Quality Management system.
- Ensure all activities are compliant with the required Health and Safety standards.
- Carry out any additional duties as may reasonably be required within the general scope and level of the post.
The successful candidate should meet the following requirements:
- The successful candidate will have completed at least a Ph.D. degree in physics related discipline.
- The successful candidate should have more than 4-years’ experience post-doctoral researcher in this field
- The successful candidate should be very experienced in III-V devices design, fabrication, and characterisation.
- The successful candidate should be very experienced in Optical and material modelling (for example: BeamProp, Harold and PicWave).
- The successful candidate should have supervisory skill and experience.
- The successful candidate should have led at least one research project as the lead researcher.
- The successful candidate should have experience in applying or securing funding
- The successful candidate should have a good team spirit to work well with other team members
Appointment may be made on the IUA Scale for Senior Post-Doctoral Researchers € 48,242- €51,035pa. Salary placement on appointment will be in accordance with public sector pay policy.
For further information, please contact Frank Peters; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1 - Click here to download and complete the Application form and indicate the Job reference FP-48
Step 2 – Return completed Application form, together with your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. Please ensure that your motivation letter, cv and application letter are submitted in pdf format.
Handwritten forms will not be accepted.
Please note that Garda vetting and/or an international police clearance check may form part of the selection process.
The University, at its discretion, may undertake to make an additional appointment(s) from this competition following the conclusion of the process.
At this time, Tyndall National Institute does not require the assistance of recruitment agencies.
Tyndall National Institute at University College, Cork is an Equal Opportunities Employer.