PCM-7 Senior Quality Engineer
Contract: Full Time/Fixed Term (36 months)
Tyndall is one of Europe’s leading research centres in integrated ICT hardware and systems, and the largest facility of its type in Ireland. The Institute is a world leader in the development of navigation systems for image-guided surgery and this senior software engineering opportunity is in this area of research.
This position is to lead the quality-related activities of the DEEP FIELD ERC Consolidator Award at Tyndall National Institute under the direction of Dr. Pádraig Cantillon-Murphy (Principal Investigator) at Tyndall National Institute.
The Senior Quality Engineer will work under the direction of the Principal Investigator and Senior Researcher within the Electronic and Electromagnetic Systems Group at Tyndall National Institute.
For more information on Tyndall National Institute visit: www.tyndall.ie
- To provide specific research skills to support the on-going development of the research team and to contribute to the transfer of knowledge in the specific research area.
- To undertake research under the direction of a Principal Investigator or Head of Research Centre.
- To provide support in a specific area of expertise, including the use, maintenance and management of document controls, quality templates and clinical evaluations.
- To perform a variety of technical duties supporting the research project or programme, as required.
- To draw up detailed technical specifications and standard operating procedures as required.
- To prepare and manage creation of a quality management system as per requirements of EN ISO 13485:2016 and FDA 21CFR820
- To support research project activities.
- To assist the PI and researchers in performing lab work, where required.
- To coordinate lab activity to support the research project where required.
- To facilitate collaboration by liaising with other research groups within UCC and externally including industry projects.
- To develop and maintain a good working relationship with service departments in Tyndall National Institute.
- To co-ordinate day-to-day work to support the research project.
- To liaise with the Principal Investigator and colleagues on matters relating to the research.
- To develop knowledge and understanding of the research project and research related work.
- To contribute where required to existing related activity in the Bioelectronics cluster at Tyndall.
- Participate in Education and Public Engagement activities.
- Ensure all activities are compliant with the Tyndall Quality Management system.
- Ensure all activities are compliant with the required Health and Safety standards.
- Carry out any additional duties as may reasonably be required within the general scope and level of the post.
- Typically 24+ months industry experience in document control and quality management systems in the medical device sector (industry or academia)
- Familiarity/training Medical Device Regulation (MDR) compliance.
- A qualification of NFQ Level 8 certificate award or equivalent in Medical Device Regulatory Affairs and Quality
- Typically 10+ years experience from awarding of a primary degree
- Experience with quality management systems as per requirements of EN ISO 13485:2016 and FDA 21CFR820
- Ability to interact with stakeholders from a range of disciplines and technical backgrounds
- Experience with digital illustration software such as Adobe Photoshop or Gimp
- Excellent attention to detail and technical writing.
- Capability of working effectively within a team to achieve results.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative through achievements.
Appointment may be made on the Admin III Grade 6 Scale B (new entrants) salary scale €51,042 - €60,941 per annum. Salary placement on appointment will be in accordance with public sector pay policy.
This is a full-time, fixed term (36 month) appointment. For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 23rd April, 2021.
Step 1 - Click here to download and complete the Application form and indicate Job Reference as PCM-7
Step 2 - Return completed application form, together with your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. Handwritten forms will not be accepted.
A full candidate information pack is available to download by clicking here.
Please note that Garda vetting and/or an international police clearance check may form part of the selection process.
The University, at its discretion, may undertake to make an additional appointment(s) from this competition following the conclusion of the process.
Please note that an appointment to posts advertised will be dependent on University approval, together with the terms of the employment control framework for the higher education sector.
At this time, Tyndall National Institute does not require the assistance of recruitment agencies.
Tyndall National Institute at University College, Cork is an Equal Opportunities Employer.