TD-23 Centre Administrator - IERC
Contract: Full Time/Specified Purpose
Reporting to the Director of the International Energy Research Centre (IERC), the appointee will help manage the day to day activities of the Centre. This will involve working closely with Tyndall Business Operations teams to ensure that the centre operates effectively and all relevant policies are adhered to. It will also require supporting the implementation of financial, budgetary and general administrative structures as required by Tyndall and the IERC stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be a diligent team player who will be professional, highly motivated, with proven ability through significant experience in a similar role. Excellent administration, interpersonal and computer skills are essential. The ability to self-manage and proactively drive tasks with multi-disciplinary teams to conclusion will be extremely important. The ability to assist in the writing and editing of proposals, reports and business plans, with important attention to detail is also essential.
The appointee will be responsible for the efficient management of all aspects of the administration of the IERC. The following designated duties may be subject to change from time to time as directed by the Director or by Tyndall requirements:
- Assist the Centre and its partners in all administrative functions and advise the Director on the appropriate administrative structures and policies
- Organise the smooth operation of the Centre administration management on a day-to-day basis including supporting the daily operational aspects of the Centre including ensuring compliance with relevant ISO9001 QMS requirements, purchasing, financial and cost controls and industry contributions ensuring strict confidentiality and discretion on all recruitment/budgetary/financial and staffing matters
- Ensure accurate consolidated financial and technical reports are submitted to grant funding agencies within defined deadlines
- Define and produce summarised concise operational updates to Director
- Assist the Director in the implementation and maintenance of intellectual property procedures for the Centre, and maintain the related registers of IP developed
- Manage all aspects of IERC grants administration internally and with awardee institutions including to ensure strict administrative and financial controls are applied, in conjunction with Tyndall finance
- Review expenses claims for staff, students and visitors to the Centre, ensuring that all expenses are eligible and liaise with finance and accounts offices on invoices and expenses forms received
- Arrange periodic Centre Steering Group meetings and other centre related activities and provide required support and follow-up
- Provide support for incoming visitors and for related seminars/workshops, including any travel arrangements/accommodation and facilities
- Co-ordinate Centre events and the associated marketing and communication activity
- Organise project activities including meetings, colloquia and training courses
- Develop and manage an efficient tracking and filing system to allow for immediate access and retrieval of all documentation
- Support the management and maintenance of the IERC website
- Deal with complex and non-routine queries from staff and external contacts
- Manage the on-boarding of new staff and students regarding preparation of the relevant documentation, advertising and correspondence relating to the appointments process
- Undertake other appropriate duties as assigned from time to time by the Director
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role at a similar level
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access etc.)
- Ability to effectively work to deadlines under pressure
- Excellent organisational and communication skills with an eye for detail
- Strong previous financial admin experience in a challenging role
- Experience in dealing with government agencies and departments
- Experience with event and conference organisation
- Excellent time management, negotiating and diplomacy skills
- Demonstrable experience with website development and management
- Troubleshooting and experience in a research environment would also be an advantage
- Flexibility and willingness to work additional hours when required
The IERC is an equal opportunity employer. This position is on the SEA (Senior Executive Assistant) Scale B €32,006 - €45,729. Salary placement on appointment will be in accordance with public sector pay policy.
Further information on the Department is available at www.ierc.ie
The closing date for applications is Friday 29th November, 2019
Step 1 - Click here to download the Application form and indicate the Job Reference TD-23
Step 2 - Return the completed Application form, together with your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Handwritten forms will not be accepted.
For an information package including full details of the post, selection criteria and application process click here.
Please note that Garda vetting and/or an international police clearance check may form part of the selection process
The University, at its discretion, may undertake to make an additional appointment(s) from this competition following the conclusion of the process
Please note that an appointment to posts advertised will be dependent on University approval, together with the terms of the employment control framework for the higher education sector.
At this time, Tyndall National Institute does not require the assistance of recruitment agencies.
Tyndall National Institute at University College, Cork is an Equal Opportunities Employer.