UM-01 Web and Digital Marketing Communication Specialist
Contract: Full Time/Fixed Term
Tyndall National Institute at University College Cork invites applications for a Web and Digital Marketing Communication Specialist. Tyndall is a leading European research institute in Information and Communications Technology. We are seeking to build our brand recognition and build our reputation in new and existing market segments.
Tyndall’s external communications will be impact driven. It will communicate along the key impacts on job creation, research excellence, skilled graduates, industry investment, increased funding and international reach. A successful marketing communications programme will ensure that Tyndall is seen as delivering on its strategic objectives. The Web and Digital Marketing Communication Specialist will play a key role in the Marketing Communication Team to deliver on the Marketing Communication Strategy. The successful applicant will add value to the current team and facilitate and implement web and digital marketing strategies and improvement throughout the organisation.
The successful candidate will:
- Report to the Marketing Communications Manager
- Lead on the development and delivery of the Tyndall Digital Marketing and Communications Strategy in collaboration with the rest of the Tyndall Marketing Communications team and internal stakeholders.
- Be responsible for growing Tyndall’s on-line presence and building on-line communities and engagement through our website, social media channels and e-newsletters.
- Ensure that all our web and digital communications is up-to-date, relevant and engaging.
- Source, create, plan, manage and optimize Tyndall’s online content.
- Development and execution of the Tyndall and Research Centres’ Web and Digital Marketing Communication strategy in collaboration with the rest of the Marketing Communications Team ensuring that it aligns with the Tyndall and Centres business strategy.
- Manage external agency relationships relative to web and digital marketing including their performance management. Ensure quality and value for money and the timely delivery of web and digital projects and programmes.
- Monitor and report on performance, utilising available analytics tools and propose corrective actions and / or additional activity based on data analysis and interpretation.
- Administer and enhance the Tyndall web and digital marketing communication platforms.
- Liaising with internal teams and suppliers to ensure the functional and creative evolution of the web and digital content and design.
- Manage SEO in content creation, planning and execution to enhance the effectiveness of search ranking across the organisation’s websites and digital platforms.
- Work with integrity and professionalism with multiple stakeholders and industry partners.
- Develop a content calendar across all platforms ensuring a constant supply of relevant content with an eye to continually feeding the content pipeline.
- Holding workshops for internal teams to explain the importance of web and digital media and how it can impact their work in Tyndall.
- Working with the Commercial Team and other groups across Tyndall to provide on-line campaigns and innovative solutions to reach the target audiences and business objectives.
- Use specific content enhancement tools (image creation tools, video tools, etc.) to ensure Tyndall online content is impactful and communicates clearly.
- Manage all licensing, GDPR regulation and releases of media generated and used.
- Copywriting for on-line communication.
- Repurposing content for different mediums including social media and video.
- Creation of engaging and informative video content for the web and digital platforms.
- Participate in Education and Public Engagement activities, as required.
- Ensure all activities are compliant with the Tyndall Quality Management system.
- Ensure all activities are compliant with the required Health and Safety standards.
- Carry out any additional duties as may reasonably be required within the general scope and level of the post.
- Minimum 5 years’ web and digital marketing communication experience with a technical / engineering / academic / research organisation, in either an agency or in-house role.
- 3rd level qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated creativity and resourcefulness in developing and managing web and digital marketing communication strategy and programmes.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor, survey, analyse and report on performance, utilising available analytics tools.
- Excellent attention to detail and a knowledge of licensing and GDPR compliance requirements.
- Evidence of creative ability and clarity with an excellent command of written English combined with excellent communication, organisational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability as a strong team player with high level of flexibility and also confident to work independently.
- Masters qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Good working knowledge of one or more CMS platforms
- Programming capability.
- Experience with graphic design software and media editing.
Informal enquiries can be made in confidence to Marketing and Communications Manager Ursula Morrish at email@example.com
Appointment may be made on the Admin V Scale B (new entrants) salary scale €41,675-€51,357 per annum. In all instances the successful appointment will be at the first point of the scale.
Closing Date for Applications is 5.00pm on 26th April 2019.
Step 1 - click here to download and complete the Application form and indicate UM-01 as the Job Reference
Step 2 – return completed Application form, together with your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Handwritten forms will not be accepted. No late applications will be accepted.
A full candidate information pack is available to download by clicking here.
Please note that Garda vetting and/or an international police clearance check may form part of the selection process.
The University, at its discretion, may undertake to make an additional appointment(s) from this competition following the conclusion of the process.
Please note that an appointment to posts advertised will be dependent on University approval, together with the terms of the employment control framework for the higher education sector.
At this time, Tyndall National Institute does not require the assistance of recruitment agencies.
Tyndall National Institute at University College, Cork is an Equal Opportunities Employer.