AMK-11 Senior Plasma Process Engineer - III/V
Contract: Full Time/Fixed Term
PURPOSE OF ROLE
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Etch Process Engineer will have the specific responsibility for plasma etching (ICP, RIE, ALE) and plasma enhanced chemical vapour deposition in the area of III/V materials and devices. The successful candidate will have an in depth knowledge of plasma processing and have a thorough knowledge of scientific engineering concepts which they use to create imaginative and cost effective solutions to critical technical or engineering problems. At this level the role is largely independent, building on his/her own expertise while assuring the availability of a learning environment for less experienced engineers, researchers and technicians and supporting the development of experienced personnel.
- Manage plasma etch & deposition related operational and engineering issues within the III/V cleanroom
- Work with the equipment maintenance team and the cleanroom staff and users to proactively drive process equipment performance through a combination of improved uptime and standardised baseline processes on all the key process tools. Maintaining standard processes as well as developing new or improved processes within the plasma etch and deposition areas and ensure information dissemination
- Responsibility for management of project / other deliverables for internal / external customers
- Acting as Fab liaison/ specific work on designated projects and providing reports as required
- Documentation and control responsibility for all processes and procedures related to the area
- Liaising with contractors and external consultants on process issues/new technology introduction.
- Provide monthly and ad-hoc reports to the Engineering Manager and technical reports as required
- Coaching and mentoring of other process personnel when requested in areas of equipment use, quality control and problem solving.
- Ensure all activities are compliant with the Tyndall Quality Management System.
- Ensure all activities are compliant with the required Health and Safety standards including generation and review of Risk Assessments (RAs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Build and maintain positive relationships with engineering managers and HoG and develop an understanding of inter area work flow boundaries and possibilities in order to contribute to the overall development of the group
- Promote process excellence by ensuring work practices/systems align with current best practice
- Coordinate and control processes by use of electronic work flow systems
- Work with process personnel from different fabrication groups within SP&S to promote cross lab learning and knowledge transfer
- Manage III / V customer interactions in the area of plasma deposition and etch
- Develop and implement appropriate training programmes for the process team and researchers applying for plasma equipment access.
- Degree in Physics, Engineering or related discipline
- Typically 10+ years semiconductor etch process engineering experience in a commercial or R&D wafer fabrication facility
- Strong understanding of plasma physics
- Strong technical skills (>5 years’ experience in, and demonstrated development of) plasma processing and process development
- Excellent organisational skills and experience of working with a range of different demands on a wide variety of subjects, whilst coping with competing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with customers and translate customer requirements into practical plasma etch processes
- Proven record of working independently and as part of a team in achieving short-term and long-term goals
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Familiarity with standard software tools – Word, PowerPoint, Excel as well as experience in the use of an electronic work flow system to ensure efficiency and control of laboratory processes
- Design of Experiments (DOE) software tool experience
- Knowledge of Atomic Layer Deposition and Etch (ALD & ALE) processes
Appointment may be made on the Grade 6 Admin III B Scale (new entrants) € 54,167–€ 64,671 per annum. Salary placement on appointment will be in accordance with the public sector pay policy.
Informal enquiries can be made in confidence to Anne-Marie Kelleher at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date of applications is 4th April, 2023
Step 1 - click here to download and complete the application form with Job Reference AMK-11
Step 2 - return the completed application form, together with your CV and one-page cover letter specifically addressing how the candidate fulfils the essential criteria to email@example.com.
Please ensure that your motivation letter, CV and application letter are submitted in pdf format.
A full candidate information pack is available to download by clicking here.
Please note that Garda vetting and/or an international police clearance check may form part of the selection process.
At this time, Tyndall National Institute does not require the assistance of recruitment agencies.
Tyndall National Institute at University College, Cork is an Equal Opportunities Employer