Wireless Sensor Networks
The Wireless Sensors Network (WSN) team is developing a range of ISM band wireless sensing systems for deployment in the environment around us focusing on the key areas of the environment and fitness and health.
R&D is focussed on the use of these wireless sensing systems
- in the monitoring of energy consumption in the buildings
- wearable systems for the monitoring of movement and various physiological parameters
- environmental monitoring
- in the development of the hardware and software to enable these deployments such as the ISM band Radio technologies, the software to control the systems, and the energy harvesting technologies to enable long term deployments of these systems in autonomous operation.
Wireless Sensor Networks Research
Specifically, the research focuses on the areas of:
- WSN Prototyping Platforms
- Tyndall has extensive expertise in the areas of wireless sensor platforms and have developed our own Mote family
- Wearable Systems
- RF System Design
- Low power Energy aware Systems
- WSN Application/Deployment Software
Phone: +353 21 4904041