BC-61 Postdoctoral researcher in GaN devices
Contract: Full time/ Fixed Term – 3 years
We seek a postdoctoral researcher to design, build and characterise advanced GaN photonic devices with special emphasis on their heterogeneous integration using transfer printing.
- Develop state-of-the-art devices (LEDs, Lasers) based on GaN and related materials.
- Device design (simulation), realisation of the devices (fabrication), integration using transfer printing; measurement and evaluation of the performance of the devices.
- Development specific clean room process flows to realise the devices and circuits.
- Analysis and Report the results including the preparation of project deliverables, publications and the delivery of prototypes, as well as providing direct technical support to other group members using their knowledge and outputs.
- Disseminate the outcomes of the research to the group, including peer‐reviewed academic publications and presentations at Tyndall and at conferences of international standing.
- To engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities as required by the Principal Investigator, School or College in order to develop research skills and competencies.
- To co-supervise postgraduate research students who are studying for a Masters or a PhD and have an agreed role in supporting these students in their day to day research.
- To perform other related duties incidental to the work described.
- Participate in Education and Public Engagement activities, as required.
- Contribute to the engagement on intellectual property activities in partnership with the Office of Technology Transfer
- Ensure all activities are compliant with the Tyndall Quality Management system.
- Ensure all activities are compliant with the required Health and Safety standards.
- The successful candidate must have a PhD in physics, electrical engineering, material science or a related field or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- The person must have a comprehensive understanding of semiconductor device physics as appropriate for advanced photonic devices.
- The candidate must have experience in processing of GaN devices in a clean room environment.
- The candidates must show initiative, teamwork with excellent writing and communication skills.
- The person must be available to start immediately.
- Relevant experience in the growth of semiconductor materials and in the characterisation of photonic devices is a distinct advantage.
Appointment may be made on the Postdoctoral Researcher Scale €37,221 - €44,266 depending on qualification and experience.
For further information and informal enquiries please contact Brian Corbett at email@example.com
Step 1 - click here to download and complete the Application form and indicate BC-61 as the Job Reference
Step 2 – return completed Application form, together with your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Handwritten forms will not be accepted.
Please note that Garda vetting and/or an international police clearance check may form part of the selection process.
The University, at its discretion, may undertake to make an additional appointment(s) from this competition following the conclusion of the process.
Please note that an appointment to posts advertised will be dependent on University approval, together with the terms of the employment control framework for the higher education sector.
At this time, Tyndall National Institute does not require the assistance of recruitment agencies.